Choosing your personal injury lawyer can be a daunting task. After all, you want someone who is going to work with you, look out for your best interests, and ultimately win your case. It’s not something you should take lightly. You’ve got to know the right questions to ask and the tell-tale signs of a great attorney.
If you’ve been injured, you may have a case. It’s important that you find and work with the right attorney who will help you maximize your award. Keep reading to find out how to choose a personal injury lawyer.
How To Choose A Personal Injury Lawyer
Figuring out which personal injury lawyer you want on your side can be overwhelming if you don’t know where to start. If you do an online search for personal injury lawyers in your area, you’re bound to get a lot of results that leave you feeling lost in a sea of options. Luckily, there are some easy things you can do to help narrow down your choices. Remember to always keep your legal goals in mind when selecting your personal injury lawyer.
- Check Ratings and Reviews. An easy first step is to verify ratings and reviews through lawyer websites and review websites. Look for the overall client experience as well as the final results, in similar cases.
- Conduct Interviews. After you’ve finalized a shortlist, call each office and do a short interview (see questions below). Were you treated like a valuable client or a number? Do they care about your case and your outcomes?
- Experience and Results. You want a personal injury attorney who gets the results you’re looking for. Much like our track record of success, you want to make sure the attorney you choose gets similar results. You want a law firm that has been around and has the trial credentials to fight for your rights.
- Personal Attention. Do you want your case worked on by a small firm, with an attorney you’ll know by name? Or, would you prefer a larger firm that may feel impersonal?
- Verify Licensing. The American Bar Association has links to different bar directories for every state. You can search for an attorney by location and area of practice.
Questions You Should Ask An Injury Lawyer
Once you’ve got your shortlist of possible attorneys, it’s time to set up meetings to go over your case. Here are some key questions you should be asking:
- What is your fee structure?
- Have you previously tried many personal injury cases that are similar to mine?
- What is your experience in personal injury law?
- What will my role in the case be?
- Do you have the time to fully take on my case?
What Makes A Great Attorney
Many lawyers may seem like they’re “good.” But, there are some skills and characteristics that make attorneys great, and those are what you need to look out for when deciding who you want to take charge of your injury case. If you’re meeting with a possible lawyer to go over your case, pay attention to any of these qualities:
- Good Communication
- Good Listening
- Highly Analytical
- Accessible to Clients
- Fantastic Research Team
If the attorney you’re meeting with answers your questions to your satisfaction and has most or all of these qualities, then they’re a great attorney and you can feel confident that they’ll work hard to win you your case.
Schedule A Free Case Review
Massey Law Firm has a fantastic team with lots of experience in personal injury lawsuits. We use aggressive legal strategies, work closely with clients, and have a deep knowledge of these types of cases. If you would like us to evaluate your personal injury case, give us a call at 602-955-0055 to schedule a free case review with a member of our legal team.
– Massey Law Firm, your Scottsdale Personal Injury Attorneys
Tags: Personal Injury Lawyer